The 857564-6001 Garrett intercooler directly fits the 2015+ 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang in the stock location and can support up to 600 horsepower. This intercooler assembly leverages Garrett’s extensive automotive and aerospace experience to offer the market a differentiated product.
The aluminum core features advanced offset fin design and vacuum brazed bar-and-plate construction resulting in superior thermal and fatigue performance. CFD optimized cast aluminum end tanks reduces recirculation and maximizes flow. The complete assembly results in up to a 30% reduction in pressure drop and up to a 40 degree reduction in charge air temperature.
The intercooler installs in two and a half hours using basic hand tools and can reuse the factory hoses, clamps, and bolts. Slightly elongated inlet and outlet ports create a secure surface for hose attachment reducing the chance of detachment on higher horsepower applications while maintaining compatibility with OEM hoses and aftermarket charge pipes.
- Rated up to 600 horsepower
- Aluminum core featuring advanced offset fin design and vacuum brazed bar-and-plate construction
- TIG welded CFD optimized cast aluminum end tanks
- 60% larger core than stock
- Up to a 40 degree reduction in inlet temperatures
- Up to a 30% reduction in pressure drop
- Elongated inlet and outlet ports for improved hose attachment
- 2015+ 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang