ACL Race series big end bearings STD size
Tax excluded. Shipping calculated at checkout
When building an engine, one crucial component that is often overlooked is the bearings. It is essential to obtain a quality set of bearings to ensure the longevity of your engine.
Here are some vehicle applications for which ACL Race Series Performance Engine Bearings are suitable:
- Audi TFSI 1984cc 4 cyl. (EA888) S3, TTS
- VW TFSI 1984cc 4 cyl. (EA888) Golf R (Mk7)
The design, metallurgy, and engineering of these bearings combine to provide a high-performance trimetal engine bearing that can withstand higher RPM conditions. Some of the features of these bearings include:
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearings and to maximize the grip between the bearings and their housing
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high RPM and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help maintain consistent clearances
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
Investing in high-quality bearings like ACL Race Series Performance Engine Bearings can significantly impact the longevity and efficiency of your engine.