ZRP Audi / VW 2.0L TSI (Chain Driven) EA888 Heavy Duty I-Beam Connecting Rods Rifle Drilled
Tax excluded. Shipping calculated at checkout
The I-Beam "Heavy Duty" series connecting rods for Audi / VW 2.0L TSI (chain-driven) are designed for high-horsepower/boost applications. They are built from 4340 high tensile steel, which is the finest raw material available. The rods feature a specially optimized shape for high performance and extreme durability. They are "Rifle Drilled" as OEM to improve oiling on the pin end. These rods have a "straight cut" pin end for increased durability, making them compatible only with aftermarket pistons. The bushings are made from AMPCO 18 material, which provides excellent resistance to wear and fatigue. The bushings have a radial groove that acts as an oil reservoir. The rods are shot-peened to relieve stress from the material and multi-stage heat-treated to increase rigidity. The production process ensures tight tolerances, perfect fitment, and optimized oil clearances. Bend and twist are tightly controlled.
Each rod includes cap fasteners with a rating of 220,000 psi. Optional ARP L19 material 260.00 psi is available as an upgrade. The whole kit comes with ARP moly and full fitting instructions.
Additional machining processes include:
- Rifle Drilled for maximum lubrication to increase wrist pin longevity.
- "Straight Cut" Pin End - Suitable for aftermarket pistons.
- Dowel sleeves for perfect fit and accurate re-assembling.
- Lipped Cap Relief for improved big-end integrity at extreme application.
- Grooves in Thrust Face for weight reduction.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Technical Features of ZRP Connecting Rods
- I-Beam Shape for extra rigidity
- Two-Piece forging for great strength
- Shot Peening for improved fatigue life
- Magnaflux Inspection guarantees that the consistency of the forged material meets our high-quality standard
- Double ribbed caps for added support
- Multi Stage Heat Treatment for maximum strength, dimensional stability, and fatigue life.
- CNC machining for superior tolerances, precise as much as 0.0002″
- Center to center is maintained under .001″ tolerance
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Computer generated stress analysis of con rods
- Optimal balancing for weight matched sets of ± 1gram